Location: Morristown, NJ
Project Type: Retail - Renovations
Architect: Jarmel Kizel Architects
- 18,000 total SF renovation.
- Renovation of landmark historic building.
- 3 floors.
- 20 week schedule. Installation of mechanical systems.
- Installation of 2 full kitchens. Built reception area using existing finishes.
- Update sprinkler and fire alarm.
The construction project entailed a complete retrofit of the historic Vail Mansion, enabling celebrated New York City chef/restaurateur Chris Cannon to realize his vision for a four-part concept featuring The Oyster & Wine Bar at Jockey Hollow; the Vail Bar cocktail lounge; The Rathskeller private event space; and The Dining Room at Jockey Hollow.
The second floor kitchen required a raised floor to be constructed to that the wiring, plumbing and vents could be installed without affecting the building's interior and the ornate plasterwork on the ceiling below.
Through detailed pre-planning Hollister maintained the historic and structural integrity of the building throughout the renovation.