Location: Newark, NJ
Project Type: Educational - Ground Up/ Renovation
Architect: KSS Architects
Phase One of the project:
- Renovation of an 18,500 square foot 100 year old building while maintaining the architectural history and character of the building.
- Full exterior restoration
- Installation of all new MEP systems
- New cafeteria.
- Computer lab and classrooms.
Phase Two entailed:
- Building a 15,750 square foot addition with a more contemporary feel.
- New gymnasium with Kalwall and exposed steel.
- Offices and classrooms.
In 2012, Hollister was hired by Canyon-Agassi Charter School Facilities Fund to provide pre-construction and construction services for a new middle school for the University Heights Charter School (UHCS).
The two-phase project involves comprehensive renovation of an existing four-story building and construction of a new two-story building.